Patent for Sale:Bioactive Surface for Dental Implants Coated with Vitamin D Precursor
By using UV-activated 7-DHC, on one hand production costs of the coating are highly decreased compared to using the active form of Vitamin D and on the other hand, cellular self-production of active vitamin D reduces the risk of vitamin D overdoses and toxicity associated effects.
Primary Application of the Technology
- Orthopaedic implants
The Problem Solved by the Technology
How the Technology Solves the Problem
- VitD deficiency has profound negative effects on implant osseointegration.
- There is a high prevalence of VitD deficiency across all age groups in worldwide populations, due to inadequate dietary intake and insufficient exposure to sunlight.
- Avoid infections
- Decrease inflammation
- Decrease implant failure risk
- Increase the performance and life-time of implant
- Can be used for patients with poor bone quality (diabetes, osteoporosis)
- Use natural biomolecules that are stable and easy to obtain
- Robust, reproducible, simple and sustainable technology
- Regulatory aspects can be easily addressed
- Can be extended to other applications, like cardiovascular stents or antifouling surfaces.
The seller may consider selling these patents individually.
Class 623: Prosthesis (I.E., Artificial Body Members), Parts Thereof, Or Aids And Accessories Therefor
This class provides for artificial substitutes or parts for a human body particularly manufactured or adapted to replace or assist a missing or defective natural body member or part thereof for functional or cosmetic reasons. It also provides for elements or accessories for substitutes or parts of this class unless such elements or accessories are of such general utility as to be provided for in some other class. This class also provides for devices and mechanisms designed to operate or control artificial substitutes or parts for a human body, including methods of operating an artificial heart.