- , Currently available
- Sale of patent
- Exclusive license with right to enforce
- 1 Patent Application - US
Patent for Sale:Secret-Multiattribute Reverse Auction
Multiattribute auctions either require disclosure of the buyer’s preferences or transformation of the non-price attributes into a single monetary form (e.g., costs). The Imaras reverse auction mechanism does
not have any of these limitations, preferences may remain secret and sellers are given information on every product attribute the buyer is interested in. Imaras also allows for the sellers differentiation based on trust, reputation, and other seller-type attributes. Imaras uses product-type limit sets generated and updated during the auction. These sets direct the bidding process. The mechanism also uses supplier-type limit sets which are used to partition suppliers into groups. While the auction is the same for all suppliers, the product limit sets are not.
Primary Application of the Technology
- Procurement by public organizations.
- Manufacturing, health, agriculture.
- Secret assessment of bids (e.g., total cost of ownership, revenue, profit, and utility).
- Transparent attributes and their limits generated and updated by the mechanism.
- Secret attributes describing and differentiating suppliers.
- Simple to adapt (e.g., from continuous to round-based auctions) and to use.
- Key components of the Imaras mechanisms have been implemented in a prototype and tested.
- A video illustrating the system is available.
- The mechanism is extensible and allows for inclusion of components specific to industry and organization.
Class 705: Data Processing:Financial, Business Practice, Management, Or Cost/Price Determination
This is the generic class for apparatus and corresponding methods for performing data processing operations, in which there is a significant change in the data or for performing calculation operations wherein the apparatus or method is uniquely designed for or utilized in the practice, administration, or management of an enterprise, or in the processing of financial data. It also provides for apparatus and corresponding methods for performing data processing or calculating operations in which a charge for goods or services is determined.