Patent for Sale:Scalable Video Coding Method
This invention differs from traditional single point approaches as it allows to encode several working points corresponding to different quality picture size and frame rate in a single bit stream. This technology will provide better quality for lower cost and more adaptability.
The invention has the following advantages:
1. It provides overall better visual quality at a lower cost.
2. It can be easily integrated with existing coding standard technology, and add to it more performances with minimal added cost.
3. It offers more flexibility in terms of target bitrate, spatial and temporal resolution support.
4. It offers a better evolution path with respect to standard coding technology. The structure of the proposed invention is spatial and temporal resolution agnostic and not built specifically for given resolutions as the current standards so it will evolve much better.
5. The generated video bistream is deterministic thus there is no need to identify conformance points.
6. It adapts better to the varying network conditions especially on mobile.
7. From a user perspective there are two key impacts: a) low cost b) better quality video with artifacts that less noticeable to the human eye than the block based coding standards.
8. The patent identifies a class encoding technology thus it is the basis of a series of patent families in this area.
Primary Application of the Technology
Real time communications
Class 375: Pulse Or Digital Communications
This is the generic class for pulse or digital communication systems using electrical or electromagnetic signals. Such communication includes transmitting an intelligence bearing signal from one point to another in the form of discrete variations in some parameter of the electrical or electromagnetic signal.Subclass 240: BANDWIDTH REDUCTION OR EXPANSION
Class 348: Television
Generating, processing, transmitting or transiently displaying a sequence of images, either locally or remotely, in which the local light variations composing the images may change with time.Subclass 335: Optics
Subclass 581: Size change
Subclass 699: Motion vector generation
Subclass 715: For storing a sequence of frames or fields
Subclass E5.066: Movement estimation (EPO)
Subclass E5.077: Circuitry for suppressing or minimizing disturbance, e.g., moire, halo (EPO)
Class 382: Image Analysis
This is the generic class for apparatus and corresponding methods for the automated analysis of an image or recognition of a pattern. Included herein are systems that transform an image for the purpose of (a) enhancing its visual quality prior to recognition, (b) locating and registering the image relative to a sensor or stored prototype, or reducing the amount of image data by discarding irrelevant data, and (c) measuring significant characteristics of the image.Subclass 189: With a display
Subclass 209: Template matching (e.g., specific devices that determine the best match)