- , Currently available
- Sale of patent
- Exclusive license with right to enforce
- Exclusive license
- Non-exclusive license
- Region/country license
- Field-of-use license
- 1 Issued Patent - US
- 1 Patent Application - EP
- 1 Patent Application - WO
Patent for Sale:Scalable Video Coding Method
Primary Application of the Technology
The Problem Solved by the Technology
How the Technology Solves the Problem
- It provides overall better visual quality at a lower cost.
- It can be easily integrated with existing coding standard technology, and add to it more performances with minimal added cost.
- It offers more flexibility in terms of target bitrate, spatial and temporal resolution support.
- It offers a better evolution path with respect to standard coding technology. The structure of the proposed invention is spatial and temporal resolution agnostic and not built specifically for given resolutions as the current standards so it will evolve much better.
- The generated video bistream is deterministic thus there is no need to identify conformance points.
- It adapts better to the varying network conditions especially on mobile.
- From a user perspective there are two key impacts: a) low cost b) better quality video with artifacts that less noticeable to the human eye than the block based coding standards.
- The patent identifies a class encoding technology thus it is the basis of a series of patent families in this area.
Comments on Deal Structure, Potential Terms and Restrictions
- (exclusive or non-exclusive) licensing of the technology;
- joint venture with shared revenues to further develop the technology, and strengthen further the IPR
The seller may consider selling these patents individually.
Frequently Asked Questions
Do you have a software implementation that can generate a scalable bit-stream using the proposed technology? Yes.
Do you expect that the coding performance can be further optimized? Yes. At the time subjective tests were conducted the implementation was already considered superior for some test material when compared to other traditional video coding standards.
Class 375: Pulse Or Digital Communications
This is the generic class for pulse or digital communication systems using electrical or electromagnetic signals. Such communication includes transmitting an intelligence bearing signal from one point to another in the form of discrete variations in some parameter of the electrical or electromagnetic signal.Subclass 240: BANDWIDTH REDUCTION OR EXPANSION
Class 348: Television
Generating, processing, transmitting or transiently displaying a sequence of images, either locally or remotely, in which the local light variations composing the images may change with time.Subclass 335: Optics
Subclass 581: Size change
Subclass 699: Motion vector generation
Subclass 715: For storing a sequence of frames or fields
Subclass E5.066: Movement estimation (EPO)
Subclass E5.077: Circuitry for suppressing or minimizing disturbance, e.g., moire, halo (EPO)
Class 382: Image Analysis
This is the generic class for apparatus and corresponding methods for the automated analysis of an image or recognition of a pattern. Included herein are systems that transform an image for the purpose of (a) enhancing its visual quality prior to recognition, (b) locating and registering the image relative to a sensor or stored prototype, or reducing the amount of image data by discarding irrelevant data, and (c) measuring significant characteristics of the image.Subclass 189: With a display
Subclass 209: Template matching (e.g., specific devices that determine the best match)