Patent for Sale:LED Backlight and Lighting
• Lighting device, preferably candle-like, has light guide body having light guide channel and local roughened surface on light guide channel as scattering region, and light-emitting unit capable of emitting light into light guide channel. The device has less energy consumption.
• Backlight apparatus for use in liquid crystal panel, has guiding unit with bottom surface having set of reflective patterns, where each reflective pattern is composed of concavity and disposed at rim of convexity. The concavity of the reflective patterns increases the reflective area, thus increasing reflecting effect of the light source, and distributing more uniform brightness, and hence achieving higher brightness and uniformity.
• Backlight module for e.g. mobile phone, has light source disposed at sidewall and projecting light rays onto another sidewall, and reflection layer disposed over latter sidewall and reflecting light rays into light guide plate. The reflection layer is disposed over the sidewall for reflecting the light rays into the light guide plate, thus effectively increasing reflection surface area and achieving uniform brightness.
• Monochromatic light beams calibrating method for backlight module, involves providing set of reference values of set of monochromatic light beams, and calibrating monochromatic light beams output by light emitting diodes. The method calibrates the monochromatic light beams in a precise manner, and directly performs feedback control on the brightness of the light source, thus improving stability of the LED.
• Light guide plate for use in backlight module, has light beam in incident surface is capable of being internally reflected by adjacent two total internal reflection (TIR) in sequence. Allows the part of the light beams to bounce back to the areas in the light guide plate and the areas close to the incident surface are at both sides of the optical axes of the light emitting devices. Improves the uniformity of the surface light source provided by backlight module using light guide plate.
• Optical film for use in e.g. side-type backlight module of display, has structures having protruding end provided to wing portions. The protruding structures protrude from the crest lines of the strip protrusions, so that average height of each of the strip protrusions of the optical film in a direction perpendicular to a surface of a light transmissive substrate is partially different, and regularity of the crest line and height uniformity of the strip protrusions are broken, thus effectively reducing the moire phenomenon occurring between the optical film and optical device and preventing local adherence phenomenon occurring between the optical film and the optical device. The LCD employing the optical film ensures favorable quality of a display image.
• Illuminating apparatus for image display device, has light source units which are arranged to provide side light beam into light guide plate at edge surface. Since the light source units are arranged to provide side light beam into light guide plate at edge surface, uniform light intensity can be achieved, thus the visual effect can be improved efficiently.
Primary Application of the Technology
The lighting device has less energy consumption and offers color control.
The seller would like to be granted a license back.
The seller may consider selling these patents individually.
Class 362: Illumination
Means and processes for casting visible radiant energy in at least one direction to render objects in that direction visible.Subclass 551: LIGHT FIBER, ROD, OR PIPE
Subclass 555: Light Emitting Diode (LED)
Subclass 558: Diffuser or diffusing of incident light (e.g., optical coupler)
Subclass 607: Combination of two or more modifiers
Subclass 615: Light guide
Subclass 616: Plural or compound
Subclass 623: Reflective face
Subclass 625: Type of surface
Subclass 627: Film or coating
Subclass 628: Shape
Class 315: Electric Lamp And Discharge Devices: Systems
Electric lamp and electric space discharge device systems: structural combinations with circuit elements; structural combinations with heating and/or cooling means; cathode-ray tubes; lamps and/or discharge devices as sole load devices; lamps; electric space discharge devices gas or vapor discharge devices; high vacuum-type discharge devices, and gas or vapor-type discharge devices claimed broadly; plural load device systems; art uses and combinations with art devices; testing electric lamps and discharge devices; and operating a lamp or a gas or vapor discharge device.Subclass 149: WITH RADIANT ENERGY SENSITIVE CONTROL MEANS
Subclass 307: Automatic regulation
Subclass 308: Regulator responsive to plural conditions
Subclass 312: PLURAL LOAD DEVICE SYSTEMS
Class 356: Optics: Measuring And Testing
Methods and apparatus (1) for analyzing light to measure or test its characteristics, such as intensity, color and polarization; (2) for determining the optical or nonoptical properties of materials or articles by noting, as by inspection, measurement, or test the effect produced by the materials or articles on light associated therewith; and (3) for measuring the dimensions of structures or the spatial relationships such as distances or angle bearings of spaced points by comparison of the respective properties (usually direction or spatial position) of the light from these points or by comparison of the properties of these lights with some scale or standard. The light analyzing includes or is for spectroscopy, interference, polarization, beam direction or pattern, focal position of a light source, shade or color, and photometers. The material or article properties determined are or involve crystal or gem examination, material strain analysis, blood analysis, optical pyrometers, egg candling, cutting blade sharpness, oil testing, document verification, flatness, lens or reflector testing, refraction testing, monitoring moving webs or fabrics, light transmission or absorption, light reflection, inspection for flaws or imperfections in materials, and thread counting. The dimensioning and spatial relationship determination includes triangulation by a light beam, contour plotting, range or height finders, motion stopping, velocity or velocity/height measuring, sighting where the optical element or reticle moves with the sighted object, particle size determination, particle light scattering, electrophoresis, angle measuring or axial alignment, mensuration or configuration comparison, alignment in a lateral direction, and fiducial instruments.Subclass 222: Plural detectors
Subclass 228: Movable scale (e.g., calibrating)
Subclass 229: Comparison
Class 359: Optical: Systems And Elements
Optical elements included in this class are: Lenses; Polarizers; Diffraction gratings; Prisms; Reflectors; Filters; Projection screens; Optical Modulators; Optical Demodulators. Among the optical systems included in this class are: Compound lens systems; Light reflecting signalling systems (e.g., retroreflectors); stereoscopic systems; Binocular devices; Systems of lenticular elements; Systems involving light interference; Glare reducing systems; Light dividing and combining systems; Light control systems (e.g., light valves); building illumination with natural light; Systems for protecting or shielding elements; Optical systems whose operation depends upon polarizing, diffracting, dispersing, reflecting, or refracting light; kaleidoscopes. Further included are certain apertures, closures, and viewing devices of a specialized nature which involve no intentional reflection, refraction, or filtering of light rays. This class also includes optical elements combined with another type of structure(s) to constitute an optical element combined with a nonoptical structure or a perfection or improvement in the optical element.Subclass 831: PRISM (INCLUDING MOUNT)
Class 349: Liquid Crystal Cells, Elements And Systems
Cells, elements, and systems which include molecules of a material having both liquid and crystalline properties. Included in this class are those which have a significant liquid crystal cell detail or liquid crystal response or properties, and in which the liquid crystal controls or changes the optical properties of electromagnetic radiation such as direction, phase, amplitude, frequency, or polarization state. This class also provides for nominal manufacturing methods for producing significant liquid crystal cell structure.Subclass 62: With integral optical element for guiding or distributing light from the light source
Class 313: Electric Lamp And Discharge Devices
This is the generic class for electric lamp and electric space discharge device structure. Examples of such devices are electric incandescent lamps, gas or vapor filled electric discharge tubes, including lamps, mercury arc devices, vacuum discharge tubes, radio tubes, cyclotrons, cathode-ray tubes, photosensitive discharge devices, secondary emission electron multipliers, spark plugs, and open air arc and spark devices.Subclass 498: Solid-state type
Subclass 499: Semiconductor depletion layer type
Subclass 512: With envelope or encapsulation
Subclass 116: Light diffusing