Patent for Sale:Building Energy Collection and Storage System - with just two moving parts.
The façade is clear glass and the solar energy controller is behind this. The whole system has two moving parts namely a solar collector (a rotating semi-circular insulation panel which swivels around a column with heat storage capacity) and the solar connector (from the column to the steel reinforcement of the building.) The heat storage column is insulated from the building mass so that thermal transfers occur only when required.
• By simple rotation of the solar insulation, collectors are exposed to the sun as required to gain heat.
• To cool the building at night again the insulation is opened so that the collector radiates heat to the night sky. During both these processes the insulated panel faces the interior so that excessive heat or cold in the heat storage media is shielded from the buildings users. A separate insulated internal wall can be added to control the way heat is distributed by convection or radiation. The insulated panel is rotated outwards to protect the thermal storage column in conditions of excessive heating or cooling. The secret of the system is that the insulation always retains its integrity, overcoming all the problems of previous systems. Furthermore the solar panels are connected to the building structure only when required either to heat or cool the building, transferring thermal energy through steel reinforcement to the concrete building mass, a natural heat storage medium.
• The system can be controlled manually or by computer linking into weather forecasts.
• There is a green house effect between the glass wall and the collector and temperatures will reach 80 deg C. This can be used directly by opening vents to the interior for instant space heating. Heat could be collected at the top of the façade or roof can be transferred using heat pumps to cool or freeze the ground.
• The stack effect in the façade will enable forced ventilation, drawing cool air from a shaded side to the heated side.
• The building will have two faces: Black when collecting or dissipating heat for maximum efficiency, and silver in heat protection mode. This change makes the facade a changing bill board with advertising revenue reducing the pay back periods.
• The solar system can be integrated with other technologies: PV systems in the glass and water heaters are both good examples.
In conclusion the solar system provides enormous opportunities; even a carbon neutral building in desert conditions where the daily weather pattern is ideal; cold at night and really hot during the day.
Primary Application of the Technology
The Problem Solved by the Technology
In say desert conditions where it is very hot during the day but often freezes at night we foresee that a building using the solar system would be energy self sufficient sustaining comfortable temperatures internally without additional energy inputs.
How the Technology Solves the Problem
Comments on Deal Structure, Potential Terms and Restrictions
The seller may consider selling these patents individually.
Class 126: Stoves And Furnaces
Apparatus for the application of heat. It comprises cooking and heating stoves, hot-air furnaces, and accessories; hot-air radiators and heating drums; open liquid heaters, steaming apparatus, dampers, fireplaces, and stovepipes. It includes the fuel burner when combined with the stove or furnace structure; combinations of a particular stove or furnace structure with a closed liquid heater or steam generator; liquid heaters of only the nonpressure type unless they are structurally tied to the stove or furnace or form a necessary part thereof, and grates of general use in stoves, hot-air furnaces, or boiler furnaces.Subclass 569: SOLAR HEAT COLLECTOR
Subclass 617: With heat storage mass