Patent for Sale:Optical Clocking For High-Speed Chips
Patented inventions cover various topics, including:
- Waveguide - SiGe pattern in substrate.
- Detector - Based in substrate, serial on waveguide.
- Reference Optical Clock – Quantum Dot Mode Locked Laser.
- Optical Coupler - connection of laser through package.
- Electronic Receiver – designed for low skew and jitter.
The seller would like to be granted a license back.
The seller may consider selling these patents individually.
Class 438: Semiconductor Device Manufacturing: Process
This class provides for manufacturing a semiconductor containing a solid-state device for the following purposes: (a) conducting or modifying an electrical current, (b) storing electrical energy for subsequent discharge within a microelectronic integrated circuit, or (c) converting electromagnetic wave energy to electrical energy or electrical energy to electromagnetic energy. Also operations involving: (1) coating a substrate with a semiconductive material, or (2) coating a semiconductive substrate or substrate containing a semiconductive region. It also provides for operations involving etching a semiconductive substrate or etching a substrate containing a semiconductive region. The class provides for packaging or treatment of packaged semiconductor.Subclass 39: Mesa formation
Subclass 717: Utilizing multilayered mask
Class 257: Active Solid-State Devices (E.G., Transistors, Solid-State Diodes)
This class provides for active solid-state electronic devices, that is, electronic devices or components that are made up primarily of solid materials, usually semiconductors, which operate by the movement of charge carriers - electrons or holes - which undergo energy level changes within the material and can modify an input voltage to achieve rectification, amplification, or switching action, and are not classified elsewhere.Subclass E29.071: Quantum box or quantum dot structures (EPO)
Subclass E21.218: Plasma etching; reactive-ion etching (EPO)
Subclass E21.235: Characterized by process involved to create mask, e.g., lift-off mask, sidewall, or to modify the mask, e.g., pre-treatment, post-treatment (EPO)
Subclass E21.236: Process specially adapted to improve resolution of mask (EPO)
Subclass E21.252: By dry-etching (EPO)
Subclass E21.256: By dry-etching (EPO)
Class 714: Error Detection/Correction And Fault Detection/Recovery
This class provides for process or apparatus for detecting and correcting errors in electrical pulse or pulse coded data; it also provides for process or apparatus for detecting and recovering from faults in electrical computers and digital data processing systems, as well as logic level based systems.Subclass 700: Skew detection correction
Class 327: Miscellaneous Active Electrical Nonlinear Devices, Circuits, And Systems
This is the residual class for electrical devices, circuits or systems having an output not directly proportional to its input and comprising at least one component which can provide gain or can route electrical current and which device, circuit or system does not form a complete system such as is classified specifically elsewhere or a subcombination of utility only in such elsewhere classified system.Subclass 291: Clock or pulse waveform generating
Class 713: Electrical Computers And Digital Processing Systems: SupportSubclass 500: CLOCK, PULSE, OR TIMING SIGNAL GENERATION OR ANALYSIS
Class 250: Radiant Energy
This class provides for all methods and apparatus for using, generating, controlling or detecting radiant energy, combinations including such methods or apparatus, subcombinations of same and accessories therefore not classifiable elsewhere.Subclass 214R: Special photocell or electron tube circuits
Subclass 214A: Amplifier type
Subclass 214AG: Automatic gain control
Class 385: Optical Waveguides
(1) An optical waveguiding element, which conveys light from one point to another through an optically transparent elongated structure by modal transmission, total internal reflection, or total reflectorization. (2) A combination of an optical waveguiding element with an additional broadly recited optical element which couples light or a combination. (3) A combination of an optical waveguiding element with structure which mechanically joins this waveguiding element with another or with a diverse optical element. (4) An optical modulator where the modulation of a light wave characteristic is performed exclusively within an optical waveguiding element. (5) Other miscellaneous devices formed of an optical waveguide (e.g., a waveguide sensing device) and supplemental devices which are limited to use with an optical waveguide (e.g., an external clamp or retainer).Subclass 14: INTEGRATED OPTICAL CIRCUIT
Class 398: Optical Communications
This class provides for all types of communication systems in which optical signals are used to transmit modulated carrier wave information between points. Such communication includes transmitting an intelligence-bearing signal from one point to another in the form of variations in a characteristic of the light wave. The communication may be through free space, fibers or waveguides. These are used to transfer the information with an optical beam, and this beam can be used in various communication schemes to enable the most effective or desired method of moving the information, including optical multiplexing when plural information signals or plural transmitters and receivers are utilized.Subclass 153: One transmitter, plural receivers